Prince Andrew questioned over Windsor sex allegation
The British police investigation into Prince Andrew, also known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, is expected to be long and complicated, senior officers said on Friday after his arrest earlier this year on suspicion of misconduct in public office, which may include inappropriate sexual behavior.
The younger brother of King Charles III was questioned for several hours after being arrested at his home in Norfolk in February. The arrest followed the release of millions of documents connected to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein by the U.S. Department of Justice, CE Report quotes AGERPRES.
Prince Andrew, 66, has always denied wrongdoing in relation to Epstein and said he regrets being friends with him. He has not spoken publicly since his arrest.
Police said the investigation is very detailed and will take a long time. One major focus is Andrew’s role as the UK’s special trade representative between 2001 and 2011. Emails released by U.S. authorities allegedly suggest he shared sensitive information with Epstein.
Investigators are also examining allegations that a woman was brought to Windsor in 2010 to have sexual relations after reportedly being sent by Epstein. Detectives have spoken with the woman’s lawyer, although no official complaint has been filed.
Police said they have received a large amount of information from witnesses and other sources. A specialist team is treating the case as a major criminal investigation.
Meanwhile, the British government released documents showing that Queen Elizabeth II pressured Andrew to accept his trade envoy role years ago.
King Charles said he was deeply concerned by the arrest and promised full cooperation with authorities.
Photo: Wikipedia








